Areas of Expertise
- European History; Modern European History
- Russian and East European History
- Women's, Gender, and Sexuality History
- Race, Ethnicity, and Nation
- M.A., History, The Ohio State University, 2015
- B.A., History, Salem State University, 2012
Nikki Freeman is a doctoral candidate in modern European history (minor fields: Eastern Europe and Russia and the history of childhood and youth). Her dissertation studies the education, care, and rehabilitation of Jewish children in Germany and Poland after the Holocaust. In 2017, she was awarded the Fulbright-Hays DDRA grant from the US Department of Education. Her language skills include German, Polish, and Yiddish.
Advisor: Dr. Robin Judd
Nicole is this year's Samuel M. Melton Graduate Fellow in Jewish Studies.