Student Conference, Travel and Research Grants
Each year the Melton Center allocates up to $600 of total support for which students may apply in the following areas:
- Travel to an academic conference in which the student delivers a paper on a topic related to Jewish Studies; up to $300 is available for travel to a Jewish Studies conference in which a student does not read a paper.
- Travel or research that is clearly related to a major project in Jewish Studies that forms part of the student's academic program.
- Current enrollment as a graduate student at Ohio State and continued enrollment for the following year
- Must have completed two courses in some area of Jewish Studies
- Completed application form
- copy of an Advising Report
- letters of recommendation from faculty members. Electronic letters of recommendation are acceptable (email to firstname.lastname@example.org)
- A one-page statement about the conference or intended area of research
Applications are accepted year-round for student conferences, travel, and research.
The Charlotte Susan Roth Memorial Fund Essay Contest
• Completed application form
• One essay of no fewer than 1500 words. Bibliography and footnoting of research materials are required. Essay may be a revision of a paper initially written for a course.