Student Conference, Travel and Research Grants
Each year the Melton Center allocates up to $600 of total support for which students may apply in the following areas:
- Travel to an academic conference in which the student delivers a paper on a topic related to Jewish Studies; up to $300 is available for travel to a Jewish Studies conference in which a student does not read a paper.
- Travel or research that is clearly related to a major project in Jewish Studies that forms part of the student's academic program.
- Current enrollment as a graduate student at Ohio State and continued enrollment for the following year
- Must have completed two courses in some area of Jewish Studies
- Completed application form
- copy of an Advising Report
- letters of recommendation from faculty members. Electronic letters of recommendation are acceptable (email to firstname.lastname@example.org)
- A one-page statement about the conference or intended area of research
Applications are accepted year-round for student conferences, travel, and research.
The Charlotte Susan Roth Memorial Fund Essay Contest
• Completed application form
• One essay of no fewer than 1500 words. Bibliography and footnoting of research materials are required. Essay may be a revision of a paper initially written for a course.
The Norbert and Gretel B. Bloch Endowed Scholarship Fund in Jewish Studies
- The Norbert and Gretel B. Bloch Endowed Scholarship Fund in Jewish Studies to coordinate a program to enhance awareness of topics relevant to Jewish life, culture, or history.
Deadline for the Charlotte Roth Essay Contestand the Norbert and Gretel B. Bloch Scholarship is Monday, February 24, 2020.