Student Conference, Travel and Research
(Applications Accepted Year-round)
Each year the Melton Center allocates up to $600 of total support for which students may apply in the following areas:
- Travel to an academic conference in which the student delivers a paper on a topic related to Jewish Studies; up to $100 is available for travel to a Jewish Studies conference in which a student does not read a paper.
- Travel or research that is clearly related to a major project in Jewish Studies that forms part of the student's academic program.
- Current enrollment as an undergraduate at Ohio State and continued enrollment for the following year
- Must have completed two courses in some area of Jewish Studies
- Completed application form
- Detailed budget including program expenses and travel, including the dollar amount you are are able to contribute.
- A copy of an Advising Report
- Two letters of recommendation from faculty members. Electronic letters of recommendation are acceptable
- A one-page statement about the conference or intended area of research
Please send application materials to firstname.lastname@example.org
Ohio State's Office of International Affairs offers more than 100 study abroad programs in over 40 different countries, and the Melton Center offers generous scholarships to Hebrew University and the Vilnius Summer Yiddish Institute program in Lithuania.